Thursday, July 2, 2015

Chicken Fried Cubed Steak and Gravy

A couple of weeks ago I needed a really quick meal because I was home late from work to a starving husband. No he can't or won't cook. Anyway, I digress, I had some cube steaks in the fridge that needed cooking and thought I would just do in the skillet and serve over some rice I had made the day before. When I got them breaded and in the skillet they were not looking like I wanted so drug out my pressure cooker and put about 1/8 cup or less of oil in the bottom set the pot on saute. Then I just threw the steaks in a couple at a time and finished the browning process in the pot. Being tired and lazy I just added about two cups of water to them and some cumin on top and attached the lid. Set the pot on meat and let it cook.

Well as you can see in the picture below they were amazing. After 35 minutes in the Instapot I took the steam down and opened the lid they looked yummy. When I pulled the steaks out and added a about a 1/2 cup of milk to the gravy and stirred it was heaven for the mouth.

I put them on the plate with rice and the gravy on the side. Add a green veggie and your are done.
Here is the recipe:

In a bowl place a cup of flour, a 1/2 tsp of salt and black pepper to taste. Rinse the steaks under water and dredge through the flour mixture. I use a small paperbag like a lunch bag and put the flour in that then throw the steaks in one at a time so it is not so messy plus I shake the bag and get them really coated.

Make sure your pressure cooker is set on saute or brown and add about 1/8 cup of vegetable oil. Brown the steaks in the oil on both side and add 2 cups of water. Then sprinkle about 1/2 tsp of cumin on top of  the steaks.

Finally place the top on the pressure cooker, set on the meat setting which should be about 35 minutes. Take the pressure off as soon as its finishes remove steaks add either 1/2 cup of milk or sour cream to the gravy, more salt and pepper to taste then serve.

You will get rave reviews and it is all in the pot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment